Download full CV [PDF]
Since 04/2022 Assistant Professor for Empirical Democracy Research, University of Trier.
Since 04/2020 Guest researcher, Department "Center for Civil Society Research", WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
Education and Academic Career (selection)
2020 - 2022 Postdoc Fellow at the Research Department B "European Political Systems and their Integration", MZES Mannheimer Zentrum für Europäische Sozialforschung.
03/2020 Doctorate Thesis on “Retrospective pledge voting: how voters punish government parties for breaking their pledges.” Grade: Summa cum laude, Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Heike Klüver and Prof. Dr. Bernhard Weßels, Humboldt-University of Berlin.
2015 - 2020 Research Fellow at the DFG research project “Manifesto Research on Political Representation”(MARPOR), Principal investigator: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Weßels, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
2015 Master of Arts Political Science, University of Potsdam.
2013 - 2015 Student research assistant at the DFG research project “Analysis of the Coordination Regimes in Parliamentary Democracies”, Prof. Dr. Steffen Ganghof, Chair of Comparative Political Science, University of Potsdam.
2012 Bachelor of Arts Political Science and Philosophy, Technical University of Dresden.
2011 Visiting student, Sciences Po Lyon, France.
See here: Publications and Datasets.
- Research colloquia at the MZES, Research Department B, March-June 2021, Mannheim.
- "5th Workshop on Research on Political Behaviour in Berlin and Brandenburg" (with Heiko Giebler), WZB Berlin, January 2020, Berlin.
- "Text Analysis Workshop" (with Pola Lehmann, Werner Krause, Sven Regel, and Bernhard Weßels), WZB Berlin, September 2019, Berlin.
- "The Manifesto User Conference 2019" (with Pola Lehmann, Werner Krause, and Sven Regel), WZB Berlin, March 2019, Berlin.
- Panel "Vertrauen - Währung stabiler Demokratien?" at Dreiländertagung of the DVPW, ÖVPW and SVPW, February 2019, Zurich (with Katrin Praprotnik).
- "The Manifesto Corpus Conference" (with Pola Lehmann, Nicolas Merz, andSven Regel), WZB Berlin, February 2018, Berlin.
- "Workshop on Party Mandate Fulfilment at the WZB", November 2016, Berlin.
- Workshop on election pledges, December 2021, Virtual Conference.
- EPSA (Panels: Political Representation; Winning Votes), June 2021, Virtual Conference.
- ECPR General Conference (Panel: "Election Pledges, the Mass Media, and Electoral Outcomes"), August 2020, Virtual Conference.
- EPSA (Panel: "Election Pledges and Voters"), June 2019, Belfast.
- The Manifesto User Conference 2019 (Panel: "Representation"), March 2019,Berlin.
- EPSA (Panel: "Electoral Effects of Party Competition"), June 2018, Vienna.
- Political Behavioural Workshop - Berlin and Brandenburg (Panel: "Governments, Parties and Candidates"), November 2017, Berlin.
- ECPR Graduate Conference (Panel: "Representation and Responsiveness"), July 2016, Tartu.
Media and other projects
See here: Media & Public Outreach